Week 1 - Speed Friending @ Wednesday Lunch
Time & Location
About The Event
LEXSA is holding a Speed Friending session in week 1 as a welcome to campus for commencing students to meet other students.
You will spend 3 – 5 minutes getting to know someone new, and then start the process all over again with someone different!
Snacks will be provided to help fuel your camaraderie.
SESSION 1: Week 1, Wednesday the 4th March from 12 noon till 1:30pm
FREE PIZZA LUNCH, MUSIC, NEW FRIENDS, WELCOME TO SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
We look forward to seeing you there!
What is speed friending?
Speed friending is a great way for commencing and returning students to meet and chat with each other. This gives you an easy and convenient way to meet new people in a way that completely dissolves barriers. This is NOT speed dating and so you will be meeting both ladies and gentlemen in mixed groups. The intent is to create friendships.
Speed friending is the easiest and most effective way to build connections and relationships in a short amount of time.
Here’s how it will be set-up:
1) Half of the group (mixed gender) will be sit in a fixed place and the other half of the group (mixed gender) will rotate. During these intervals, each pair of people will get the opportunity to talk to each other.
2) LEXSA will host the event and will indicate when you should move to the next person.
3) The event will begin at 12 noon and will run until 1:30pm. You are welcome to join or finish at any time during the event by asking a moderator to assist you. You should organise food and drink before joining and feel free to eat while you meet.
4) The Speed friending part will start exactly at 12:15pm and will continue until 1:30pm. Please try and be there on time.
5) Please be aware that people are often shy when they meet new people, this event is designed to help break the ice. If you are stuck, there will be question cards available at each station to help facilitate conversation, remember asking “what are you studying” 20 times gets boring so jump into the good stuff straight away. If you get stuck shout “LEXSA” and a moderator will come and offer an emergency conversation jump start.
6) This is not a dating event. LEXSA events are not organised to manage your dating life. Speed friending is created to help students meet each other, particularly to assist commencing students find friendship on campus. There will not be a perfect gender balance, nor will there be a Keep an open mind and join us to make new friends.