Thu, 16 Nov|
Link emailed to your email address
Netflix Movie Night
Grab your popcorn and enjoy meeting other students online for our Term 5 Netflix Movie Night!
Time & Location
16 Nov 2023, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEDT
Link emailed to your email address
About The Event
Want to meet other students and make new friends? Join our Netflix Movie Night!
We ran two polls on what kind of movie night we should hold but between Halloween and Christmas, the results were 50/50! So, we've put some suggestions together so you can vote for which film you would like to watch.
Your film choices are:
- The Holiday Calender: A photographer discovers that the antique Advent calendar she inherited seems to predict her future. Watch the trailer here: https://youtu.be/km7gv28_uX0?si=k0y0t1UKuzShSIit
- Elf: When a human that is raised amongst elves at the North Pole, discovers that he is not an elf, he travels to New York to search for his biological father. Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54yC1etmVc
- Hubie Halloween: Despite his devotion to his hometown of Salem (and its Halloween celebration), Hubie Dubois is a figure of mockery for kids and adults alike. But this year, something is going bump in the night, and it's up to Hubie to save Halloween. Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY3SuNvqQPw
- We have a Ghost: Kevin's family discover that their house is haunted by a ghost named Ernest and help him to solve the mystery of his past. Watch the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82I1ErFD63U
What film are we watching? Voting closes Tuesday, 31st of October 2023. LEXSA will tally votes and email students the winning choice.
We're screening the film using Netflix via the Teleparty Watch Party app so please ensure you have a Netflix account. We'll set up a party and invite registered attendees to attend by emailing the link to your email address you sign up with. Please sign up with your student email address.
All Southern Cross University Students who register and attend will receive a $10 Coles Voucher after the event. To receive your Coles voucher, please register for our event with your student email address, attend our Netflix Movie Night and join in on the chat so we know you attended.
During the movie night, you'll have the chance to introduce yourselves and meet other students with the live chat. You can also customise your icon and name. The Teleparty app allows us to sync the playback and watch the movie together.
Installing the Teleparty App is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Make sure you've got Google Chrome installed as the Teleparty add-on only works with Google Chrome. Download it here: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Install the Teleparty add-on here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/netflix-party/oocalimimngaihdkbihfgmpkcpnmlaoa?hl=en To install the Teleparty add-on, click the "Install Teleparty" button on this page. Once you are redirected to the Chrome Web Store, click "Add to Chrome" to finish installing Teleparty.
How to join our Netflix Party using Teleparty:
- Click on the party URL sent to your registered student email address, emailed to you 30mins before the event starts.
- Once the link is clicked, you will be redirected to Netflix's website. Click on the grey "TP" button on the right side of the address bar. It should turn red when you click it and automatically load the Netflix Party. You should see the film and a live chat. If you don't see the live chat, there should be a button on the right side of the screen to display it.
Please note: Netflix can only open in 1 window or tab in your browser. Make sure you close all open windows first before clicking on the Party link.
For a video tutorial on how to install the add-on, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgNGiSWaX_k
*Please note this is an online event only, it is for current Southern Cross University students, Coles Vouchers are only available to Southern Cross University students who register and attend this event, students will receive a coles voucher after they register and attend the event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on (02) 6626 9527
This student service has been paid for by your student services and amenities fee.