LEXSA presents - The O'Week Second Hand Textbook Fair
Time & Location
About The Event
Sell your unwanted text books on Lismore campus at our first ever Second Hand Textbook Fair by booking a stall now.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL for anyone who books a stall by 30th November and we will waive your stall fee completely!
Text books must be from units studied through Southern Cross University and must be labled as "past edition" if more than one session old.
Pricing to be determined via negotiation between buyer and seller on the day, all sales to be conducted in cash.
Terms and Conditions
1. You must be a currently enrolled SCU student, SCU alum or SCU Staff member to be involved. As this event is being run by the Lismore and External Student Association our focus is current student engagement. Therefore at this stage we are limiting attendance to SCU students, alum or staff. You will be required to produce a student ID or previous student number to book a stall which will be checked by LEXSA staff member on the day.
2. Arrivals and Departures Times. All Stall Holders must have their names and student numbers ticked off by the advertised start time of the market. Check in will open 1 hour before the event. If for any reason you are running late, please just give us a call and let us know. We need to start the fair on time, as this is the time we advertise. Also, no Stall holders are to start packing up before the advertised closing time of the event. Again, if we have advertised the Market to finish at 1.30pm, it’s not a good reputation for the market if punters turn up at 12:30 and half the market has been packed up. You’re also missing out on potential sales!!
3. As it is the LEXSA Second Hand Textbook Fair, stall holders will need to stick to selling textbooks only. We have a flea market later in the session specifically designed to promote the recycling of wares (of all kinds) and to support local artists and designers. If you are interested in the Flea Market, feel free to request a stall when applications open.
4. LEXSA takes no responsibility for the safe keeping of personal property of stallholders or buyers while at the event. The security of your takings, goods and personal items is your own responsibility.
5. LEXSA is not liable for, or guarantees anything sold during the Flea Market. We have a NO refund policy for any items purchased at the flea market. All transactions are strictly between the buyer and seller, LEXSA will not act as an intermediatory.
6. Workplace Health and Safety the Second Hand Textbook Fair encourages safe workplace practices when it comes to the handling of heavy equipment, particularly in setting up your stall. Please remember your own safety when carrying your equipment, and ask for assistance if needed. The Flea Market is not liable for injury caused by the incorrect carrying of equipment.
7. We have a NO Refund policy. We currently do not offer refunds for stall fees and cannot transfer your stall fees to another month or event. We will refund all stall fees if the event is cancelled by LEXSA and only in this instance. If you do not agree with this policy, then please think carefully before you purchase your ticket online.
8. Items being sold must be second hand text books used previously for SCU units only. Textbooks from other universities or collages will not be accepted. Your textbooks will be checked by a LEXSA staff member prior to the stall commencing. If a stall holder attempts to sell these items they will be removed by a LEXSA staff member and the stall holder can pick up the item once the Market has finished.
9. All stall holders and students who attend must ensure they abide by SCU’s Code of Conduct. Any student who breaches the code of conduct may be asked to leave the Flea Market by SCU Security.
- STUDENT OR ALUM - FREE$0$00$0
- SCU Staff Member$10$100$0