Giveaway: DIY Vegetable-Dye Socks Pack
Time & Location
About The Event
Let's Tie-Dye the natural way!!
For our next LEXSA Members Giveaway & Workshop, we are creating DIY Vegetable-dye Socks!
Your pack includes a pair of crew socks (select your size range), rubber bands, a $10 Coles voucher to help purchase your vegetables/vinegar, and tie-dye instructions (including a graph showing what colour dye each vegetable makes - e.g. Avocado pits = Pink! )
We've picked an easy tutorial to follow together, which will teach you step-by-step how to create your vegetable dye, as well as different patterns if you wish to do a tie-dye design. You will need some extra supplies for this project, which you can use your $10 Coles voucher to help purchase:
- Vegetables, fruit or spices for your dye
- Small saucepans
You can dye your socks one or multiple colours! See the list below to help you decide what vegetables/fruit/spices to aquire:
- Beetroot - reddish/pink
- Avocado pits & skin - peach
- Red Cabbage - purple
- Blueberries/black beans - blue
- Spinach - green
- Brown Onion skins - orange
- Tumeric/lemon peels - yellow
See the following images for colour representations:
Tutorial: How to make your vegetable dye
Tutorial: Tie-dye patterns for socks
You can also register for our workshop on Wednesday in Week 10, where we will jump online and create our tie-dye socks together! Please read your instructions provided before the workshop so you have time to prepare your dyes.
These are for LEXSA Members only so make sure your membership is current by contacting Anita on email@example.com
We will post your packs out from Monday, 23rd of August 2021 (Week 8). You can also opt to pick yours up from our office. We're Shop 11B, Goodman Plaza, Southern Cross Uni on Lismore campus.
The important stuff:
- Attendees must be 2021 LEXSA Members. Students can sign up for LEXSA here or drop by our office: Shop 11B Goodman Plaza
- Only 1 Student per registration as we need your details to post your pack to you
- Registration closes Sunday, 22nd of August or when stock runs out